Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Amazing Kwale Open Market.


 It was in December 2021 that I travelled with my family to Kwale in river state Nigeria. Our original plan was to spend christmas eve sight seeing and Christmas with my parent. We arrived late at Kwale the day before christmas eve, we were so tired and exhausted and we went to bed right away. 

We woke up early on christmas eve and were looking forward to explore this exciting town called Kwale. After we had our breakfast, the first thing we did was visiting family, friends and local restaurants with delicious cuisines.

In the late afternoon after we had returned to my parent's house, my sister insisted that i should accompany her to the open market to buy some groceries to prepare dinner. Upon reaching the market, i was amazed to see how huge the market has grown. We were so excited and we hoped from one vendor to another like a child in a candy store.

An ordinary shopping has suddenly developed into an amazing adventure. Time flied so quickly. My sister had to forced me out of the market because i refused to leave, i was having fun and exploring the kwale market. For all the hours we spent in the market and all the stuff i bought, we didn't even see a third of the whole market and i still wanted to explore and buy more stuff. At last i gave in to my sister and we drove home. 

Upon reaching home, we discovered that christmas celebration has started in our house. The house was packed with families who had travelled near and far to celebrate christmas with our family.

Unbeknown to us, while my sister and i was at the market, some of our family members came to kwale open market to shop for christmas food shopping. We came home to abundance of food and music. The chritmas festival is well underway in our house.

I woke up late and tired on christmas day due to christmas eve party and me eating everything i can get my hands on. After eating more food i decided to sit on the couch and relax while watching soap opera on television, suddenly i heard traditional music coming from outside and my sister ran to the living room to remind me it is time for christmas masquerade parade. 

I jumped off the couch as if it is on fire and ran out just in time to see some masqurades with their colorful customs dancing to the Igbos traditional music. I was amazed when i heard that these masquerades came all the way from the town square to pay special homeage to my parent. After endless dancing, eating and more eating, i went to bed satisfied.

Josephine Emeli Flud.
Josephine Travel Agency.







No comments:

Post a Comment